Hello crafty friends! And thanks for popping in!
Welcome back for Colour INKspirations Challenge #112. The photo for this challenge was picked by fellow Crew Member, Lou Kitzelman and this Challenge we give a big warm welcome to our newest Crew Member, Michele Miller!
My card for this challenge was quickly pulled together as things are still quite busy in my craft room. I wanted to use the Challenge Colours for something other than Christmas and even though I absolutely love using non-traditional colours for Christmas, my brain totally rebelled and so I've created this sweet little Birthday Card that is Note Card size. This is a great size for attaching to a bunch of flowers or including a gift card inside.
It features the Flowers Of Friendship Bundle together with the Celebrate With Flowers Stamp Set and I've also pulled in the scallop edgelit die from Penned Flowers Dies. You could easily not do this step and leave a straight edge if you don't have this in your craft collection. I have used Stampin' Blends with alcohol for my colouring and did a little heat embossing with gold on the flowers. I could easily make quite a few more cards as I have heaps of coloured Vellum left over. For the embellishments, I've used the gold sequins from the Brushed Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots - they were a perfect fit!
- Bundles: Flowers Of Friendship
- Stamp Set: Celebrate with Flowers (sentiment)
- Dies: Penned Flowers
- Cardstock: Polished Pink, Basic White, Vellum
- Designer Series Paper (DSP): Pattern Party - Host Reward
- Stampin' Blends: Polished Pink Combo (dark), Pale Papaya Combo (dark)
- Inks: VersaMark. Memento Tuxedo Black
- Stampin' Emboss Powders - Metallics (Gold)
- Embellisments: Brushed Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots
- Adhesives: Tombow Multipurpose glue, Dimensionals
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Stamparatus, Mini Stamin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Heat Tool.
- Other: Isopropyl alchohol. I used Diggers brand which is 100% and can be purchased from Office Works or Bunnings for those in Australia. You definitely need at least 95% for this technique to be successful.
Stamp the larger floral image from Flowers Of Friendship stamp set on the reverse side in VersaMark and hear emboss using gold powder.
Stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment in Mememto Tuxedo Black ink over towards the right side of the piece of Basic White cardstock.
To create a little bit of extra elegance, I trimmed down a scrap of DSP and glued it to the inside of the envelope.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.