Hello my crafty friends! Welcome and thanks for popping in! Colour INKspiration Challenge #124 has opened up over on Facebook and photo inspiration for this Challenge was chosen by fellow Crew Member Lou Kitzelman and the Guest Designer is the fabulous Kristie Slabbers-Kooltjes. I can't wait to see what Kristie was designed for us.
Picture credit - http://joseherworld.blogspot.com/2016/09/ibera-argentina.html
The card I have created features the Artfully Layered Bundle. Sadly this Bundle is no longer available to purchase - it was part of the Last Chance Promotion and has now sold out. I have to say, I have really enjoyed using the stamps and co-ordinating dies over the last six months.
I will admit I struggled using these bright and vibrant colours in this Challenge - not my usual go to which is why I love these colour challenges so much.
- Bundle: Artfully Layered
- Dies: Tailor Made Tag Dies
- Cardstock: Night of Navy, Basic White, Daffodil Delight, Parakeet Party, Tahitian Tide, Vellum
- Inks: Parakeet Party, Daffodil Delight, Tahitian Tide
- Embellishments: 2022-24 In Colour Matt Decorative Dots (Parakeet Party), Metallic Woven Ribbon (Starry Sky), Linen Thread
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Blending Brush
- Adhesives: Tombow Liquid Glue, Dimensionals
Let's Make It:
- For this card you will need a card base, two pieces of Basic White trimmed to fit the front and the inside, a piece of Night of Navy cs large enough for the biggest tag, a piece of Daffodil Delight cs for a leaf die-cut, a piece of Tahitian Tide cs for a leaf die-cut, a piece of Parakeet Party cs for a leaf die-cut.
- Die cut each leaf from the Daffodil Delight, Parakeet Party and Tahitian Tide cardstock. Leave one side of the monstera-shaped leaf die-cut as well as all the middles of the Parakeet Party leaf die-cut to help with the definition of each die-cut. Stamp tone-on-tone over each leaf using the distressed print stamp - this creates texture as well as softens the colour a little.
- Die cut a tag in Night of Navy cs and make a bow at the top using both Linen Thread and Metallic Woven Ribbon
- Gently blend Parakeet Party ink in the centre of one piece of Basic White cs using a Blending Brush. Glue this to the card front.
- Glue the leaves to the tag and add the Matte Decorative Dots and attach this to the coloured piece of Basic White with Dimensionals.
- On the second piece of Basic White cs, gently blend Parakeet Party ink in the top left and bottom right corners and add second and third generation stamping over the top using the same distressed print image used on the leaves. Add a vellum leaf in the bottom right corner for a subtle continuation of the design from the front, trim any over-hang and glue to the inside .
- Completed card. Video showing the making of this card can be found over on Paper Happinessity with Monica Formosa Facebook Page or over on You Tube
Feel INKspired to join the challenge? I would love for you to join us! It's a great way to have fun with different colours!
Firstly, hop on over and check out the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the Challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do, you can link back to your post. Just a reminder to use all the challenge colours. Neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black are also allowed as well as Metallics.
If you feel inspired, click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your Favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours!
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in. I hope I have inspired you and if you like what I have shown or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.