Hello and welcome! And a big Thank You for popping in!
Today I am sharing my project that has been created for Colour INKspiration Challenge #132. For this challenge, we are showcasing the colours Tahitian Tide, Orchid Oasis, Starry Sky and Old Olive. These are part of the current colour range from Stampin' Up! The photo for our challenge was chosen by fellow Crew Member, Cathy Pinchbeck and our Guest Designer is the lovely Joy Judd. I can't wait to see what everyone has created using these fabulous colours!
Taking the sea vibe from the photo, my card features the A Fish & A Wish Bundle and I've teamed it with the Delicate Edge Dies and used the Beautiful Shapes Dies for my sentiment. I've done a little bit of ink blending and 2nd and 3rd generation stamping in the background for added texture and movement. I grabbed the reedy-looking die from Delicate Edges Dies and created a little bit of seaweed and the bottom edge used torn cardstock and vellum which has been coloured with ink and Wink of Stella. I haven't added any other embellishments apart from the Starry Sky Metallic Woven Ribbon for the moment. You could add a little Wink of Stella to the fish, but remember that the ink will reactivate and you will lose some of the finer details.
- Bundle: A Fish & A Wish
- Dies: Delicate Edges Dies, Beautiful Shapes Dies
- Cardstock: Basic White, Starry Sky, a scrap of Old Olive, a scrap of Vellum (both of these need to be long enough to fit across the width of your card), a piece of Basic White large enough for two reedy die-cuts, a piece of Basic White large enough to stamp five fish plus a sentiment
- Inks: Tahitian Tide, Orchid Oasis, Starry Sky, Old Olive, Wink of Stella
- Embellishments: Starry Sky Metallic Woven Ribbon
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Blending Brushes, Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
- Adhesives: Glue Dots, Stampin' Seal, Mini Dimensionals, Dimensionals
Let's Make It:
For this card you will need the following cardstock:
- Starry Sky card base
- Two pieces of Basic White measuring 1/8" less on two sides, one for the topper and the other for the inner.
- A strip of Vellum at least as wide as your card
- A strip of Old Olive at least as wide as your card
- A piece of Basic White large enough for the two reedy die-cuts
- A piece of Basic White large enough for five stamped fish and a stamped sentiment
- Stamp two of the larger fish in Starry Sky ink, one in 1st generation and the other in 2nd. Stamp three of the smaller fish in Orchid Oasis ink, two in 1st generation and the third in 2nd. Punch out all five fish using the co-ordinating punch. TIP: Stamp on a strip with the images nose to tail as this will definitely make punching them out easier.
- Using mostly Tahitian Tide and a little of Starry Sky, blend ink onto one of the pieces of Basic White using Blending Brushes. Adding the Starry Sky adds a little depth to the scene.
- Stamp 2nd and 3rd generation Tahitian Tide over the blended background using the wavey line image. This will add movement and texture to the scene.
- Blend Old Olive ink onto a piece of Basic White. This doesn't have to be pretty or perfect, in fact the rougher the better as it will add texture. Die-cut two pieces using the reedy die.
- Trim one into three sections to create smaller pieces. Glue the die-cuts into place using glue dots being aware of where you want to place your fish.
- Adhere the fish, placing the fainter ones behind the reeds and using Mini Dimensionals to attach one of the larger and one of the smaller fish.
- Tear a strip of Old Olive cardstock. Also tear a strip of Vellum and add Wink of Stella coloured with Old Olive ink along the torn edge. Adhere these with Stampin' Seal and adhere to the bottom of the card topper, trimming the edges if necessary.
- Create a card base in Starry Sky cardstock and adhere the topper to the front. Stamp a sentiment in Starry Sky and die-cut using the Beautiful Shapes Dies. If you don't have this die set, use whatever fits your chosen greeting. Add a little Starry Sky Metallic Woven Ribbon underneath and attach using Dimensionals.
- Take the second piece of Basic White and add some Tahitian Tide and Starry Sky to the bottom edge. Stamp the wavey line image in 2nd and 3rd generation stamping over the blending and adhere this to the inside of the card.
- The finished card will have a little dimension on the front over a beautifully blended background. Change up your sentiment to whatever you need. The card is finished off with the same blending and inking on the inside as the front.
Firstly, hop on over and check out the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the Challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do, you can link back to your post. Just a reminder to use all the challenge colours. Neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black are also allowed as well as Metallics.
If you feel inspired, click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your Favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours!
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in. I hope I have inspired you and if you like what I have shown or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.
Until next time, take care, stay safe and have a great day!
To purchase any of the products I've used today, you can click any of the thumbnail links in the Product List below or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to your door.
Or maybe you have a wish list as long as your arm? If so, the best deal in the catalogue is to join my Stamping Queens Stamping Team. For the month of October you can fill your Starter Kit with your choice of products to the value of $283.00 for only $169.00 - that's an extra $48.00 worth of product - with a 20% discount every time you place an order! No conditions attached!