Hello crafty friends! Welcome, and thanks for popping in!
Colour INKspirations Challenge #108 is happening over on our Colour INKspiration Challenge Facebook Page. The photo for this challenge was picked by fellow Crew Member, Lou Kitzelman and our Guest Designer for this challenge is the lovely Yvonne Spikmans - Van Bruggen.
These colours aren't usually associated with butterflies but I loved how this card finished up. I've attempted a little bit of watercolouring for my background using the Re-Inkers in three of the challenge colours and love how they have come together.
This project evolved as I worked - what started out in my mind as a portrait orientation ended up as landscape and then after creating the topper, I decided to make it into an easel card as a better way of displaying.
- Dies: Brilliant Wings Dies
- Stamp Sets: Peaceful Moments (card front), All Things Fabulous (inside sentiment)
- Cardstock: Fluid 100 Watercolour Paper, Pool Party (card base), Early Espresso (mat layer), Basic White (inside panel)
- Ink: Early Espresso, Pool Party
- Colouring: Ink Refills - Cinnamon Cider, Crushed Curry, Pool Party, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush
- Embellishments: Artistry Blooms Sequins (card front), Elegant Faceted Gems (butterflies)
- Tools: Water Painters, Heat Tool, Paper Trimmer, Mini Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus
- Adhesives: Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue/Stampin' Seal
How To Assemble:
Die cut one larger and three smaller butterflies using the detailed dies from Brilliant Wings Dies.
Adhere the three smaller butterflies on top of each other with liquid glue - this will allow wiggle time to get them positioned correctly.
Add a few drops of Cinnamon Cider, Crushed Curry and Pool Party Ink Refills onto an Acrylic Block and add a little water to make it more fluid.
Slightly damp the watercolour paper with water using the flat-tipped brush then apply each colour with the larger of the two round-tipped brushes. I heat set with my heat tool between each colour.
TIP: I would definitly use your Stamparatus for this as stamping on the watercolour paper can be a bit hit and miss and this will allow you to restamp to get a much clearer result.
Add the larger butterfly over the watercolouring.
Adhere this to the piece of Early Espresso cardstock and attach this to the bottom section of the card front being careful not to place your adhesive on the top half of your card front or topper.
Add a few sequins to the front of the card and place some of the clear Elegant Faceted Gems down the body of each butterfly.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.