Hello my crafty friends! Welcome and thanks for dropping in! Colour INKspirations Challenge #123 has opened over on Facebook and I have to say, I absolutely loved working with these colours. This colour palette has a soothing and calming vibe and I wanted to create along those lines.
- Stamp Sets: Dahlia Days, Forever Fern
- Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Basic White
- Ink: Blushing Bride, Soft Succulent, Shaded Spruce Evening Evergreen
- Punch: Label Me Lovely
- Embellishments: Brushed Brass Butterflies
- Tools: Paper Trimmer
- Adhesives: Tombow Liquid Glue, Dimensionals
- For this you will need a card base in Blushing Bride cardstock, a piece of Basic White cardstock - any size will do, mine is 1/2" smaller on two sides, a second piece of Basic White for the inside if desired, a scrap of Blushing Bride large enough to punch with the Label Me Lovely Punch.
- Take the piece of basic white and draw around something round in pencil to give a rough idea on where to stamp.
- Using a medium-sized image from Forever Fern, stamp this in 2nd generation Soft Succulent to start with.
- Taking one of the smallest images from the same stamp set, stamp this image in 1st generation Soft Succulent.
- Using Shaded Spruce, stamp the trio of leaves image from Dahlia Days in 1st and 2nd generation ink.
- Taking the fern-like image from Dahlia Days and stamp this in Evening Evergreen.
- Stamp the trio of flowers from Dahlia Days stamp set around the edges of the greenery in Blushing Bride.
- To complete your stamping, take the dottage stamp from Forever Fern and stamp in 1st and 2nd generation Soft Succulent filling in any gaps, spaces and covering any boo boos.
- Once ink is dry, erase the pencil marks.
- Glue this directly onto the card front.
- Stamp the greeting in Evening Evergreen onto the piece of Blushing Bride and punch using Label Me Lovely Punch. Add Evening Evergreen ink to the edge of the punched label and once dry, attach this to the card front with Dimensionals.
- Add three butterflies from the Brushed Brass Butterflies to finish off.
- On the second piece of Basic White cardstock, add a few more of the same foliage images to the opposite corners and glue to the inside.
Firstly, hop on over and check out the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the Challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do, you can link back to your post. Just a reminder to use all the challenge colours. Neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black are also allowed as well as Metallics.
If you feel inspired, click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your Favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours!
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in. I hope I have inspired you and if you like what I have shown or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.