Hello my friends! Welcome and thanks for popping in!
Today I am sharing a stamping project that I have created for Colour INKspiration Challenge #133. The colours this challenge are Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Mossy Meadow and Merry Merlot. Our lovely Crew Member, Leonie Stuart chose the inspiration photo and our Guest Designer for this challenge is the fabulous Bev Evans. I can't wait to see what everyone has created!
Picture credit - https://pin.it/11pjDE2
Having five colours to work with, I decided to stamp a full sheet of Basic White cardstock with a Christmas design. This is a great way to mass produce cards with minimum of effort. I also used Gray Granite in the background. Being a neutral, it was still within the rules. I highly recommend checking out Ruth Trice from Artful Stampin With Ruth to see how a real expert stamps using this technique. I was able to trim this A4 sheet and make up six 5" x 5" cards from my A4 sheet.
Supplies for Stamping:
- Stamp Sets: Artistically Inked, Merriest Moments, Heavenly Hollyhocks, Season of Chic
- Cardstock: Basic White
- Inks: Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Mossy Meadow, Merry Merlot, Gray Granite
- Clear Blocks
- Stamp Set: Merriest Moments
- Dies: All That Dies
- Ink: Versamark
- Colouring Accessories: Stampin' Emboss Powders - Basics (white)
- Embellishments: Festive Pearls, Gold & Vanilla Satin-Edged Ribbon
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Heat Tool, Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Tombow Liquid Glue
- I used the narrower watercolour image from Artistically Inked and stamped a random strip down the middle of the cardstock lengthwise, using 2nd and 3rd generation Gray Granite, roughly 3" wide.
- Create clusters of three flowers across the centre of the cardstock lenth-wise by stamping the large poinsettia image from Merriest Moments in Merry Merlot, stamping the first image then turning to offset the image and stamping again in 2nd generation.
- Using Mossy Meadow ink, stamp the larger fern-like leafy image from Merriest Moments in the valleys between the flowers, both in 1st and 2nd generation ink. As this is a larger image, I used the corner of my stamp pad and only inked up the end 2/3 of the stamp to fit better with the design.
- Stamp the smaller holly leaf from Merriest Moments in 1st and 2nd generation Granny Apple Green around the edges of the flowers.
- Again using Granny Apple Green, stamp the centres of each poinsettia.
- Using the quartet of small flowers from Heavenly Hollyhocks, stamp this image in Gorgeous Grape again in 1st and 2nd generation ink filling in spaces.
- 2nd and 3rd generation Coastal Cabana ink was used to stamp the snowflake image from Season Of Chic along each side, filling in any larger spaces.
- Lastly, add 'dottage' as the Artful Stampin group call it, using Mossy Meadow in 1st and 2nd generation stamping using the image from Merriest Moments stamp set. Use this to cover any boo-boos, fill in any open areas and soften the harsh lines of the more solid images.
- I trimmed down the sheet of cardstock so that I had four 10cm x 10cm pieces and two 9.5cm x 9.5xm pieces. I have several sheets of Vellum marked in different configurations to enable me to 'audition' my stamping to find the best way to cut up my sheets.
- I added a Coastal Cabana mat underneath each one, each mat layer measures 0.5cm larger on two sides than the stamped cardstock, ie four 10.5cm x 10.5cm and two 10cm x 10cm
- Create 6 card bases in Basic White so that you have a 5" x 5" card front or approx 13cm x 13cm and attach the topper to the card front with Dimensionals. I used 12"x 12" cardstock as I found this the most ecconomical even though it's not as thick.
- Stamp a greeting on Merry Merlot cardstock using Versamark Ink and heat emboss in white. Die cut using the 'fancy' rectangle from All That Dies.
- Add a loop of the Gold & Vanilla Satin-Edged Ribbon underneath and attached with Dimensionals.
- Add three gold adhesive-back pearls from the Red & Green Adhesive-Backed Pearls to the centres of the poinsettia image.
Firstly, hop on over and check out the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the Challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do, you can link back to your post. Just a reminder to use all the challenge colours. Neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black are also allowed as well as Metallics.
If you feel inspired, click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your Favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours!
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in. I hope I have inspired you and if you like what I have shown or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.
Until next time, take care, stay safe and have a great day!
To purchase any of the products I've used today, you can click any of the thumbnail links in the Product List below or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to your door.
Or maybe you have a wish list as long as your arm? If so, the best deal in the catalogue is to join my Stamping Queens Stamping Team. For the month of October you can fill your Starter Kit with your choice of products to the value of $283.00 for only $169.00 - that's an extra $48.00 worth of product - with a 20% discount every time you place an order! No conditions attached!