- Butterfly Bijou 6"x6" Designer Series Paper (available only while stocks last)
- Brilliant Wings Dies, Wild Rose Dies
- Embossing Folder: Subtle 3D
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic White Thick (card base), Basic White (mat layers), Vellum, strip cut from the Butter Bijou paper that was die cut.
- Ribbon/Trim: Pool Party Sheer Ribbon, Scalloped Lace Trim, Crinkled Seam Binding, White Twine (from the Snail Mail Twine Combo Pack)
- Basic Patterns Decorative Masks
- Mattte Embossing Paste
- Balmy Blue Re-Inker
- Tools: Palette Knives Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips
- Adhesives: Stampin' Seal, Mini Dimensionals, Glue Dots
Create a card base from Basic White Thick cardstock
Cut a mat layer 1/8" shorter on two sides and run this through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. Adhere to the front of your card base.
Cut a second mat layer 1" smaller on two sides than your card front. Then cut a third piece of Basic White cardstock 1/8" smaller on two sides. Distress the edges on both layers using the edge of your scissors.
Mix up some Matte Embossing Paste with a drop of Balmy Blue Re-Inker and using the polka dot stencil from the Basic Patterns Decorative Masks, smear the coloured paste through the stencil with a palette knife going in a diagonal direction.
While still wet, gently press some of the Gilding Leafing onto the Embossing Paste and once completely dry, carefully brush off the excess with an unused Blending Brush. It has to be unused or you will transfer any residue ink onto your project. You can then keep this brush to use with your Gilded Leafing in the future.
Glue the second and third mat layers together. There'll be a very small 1/16" border around all sides.
Take a sheet of the DSP with the larger butterflies and run this through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine or other die cutting machine with the co-ordinating die from the Brilliant Wings Dies. This die will cut out all six of the full butterflies.
Taking the same piece of DSP, cut a strip with the Balmy Blue colour and tuck this under the top right edge on an angle and adhere this to the card front.
Die cut a piece of Vellum using the lable from Wild Rose dies and attached this to the centre of the card front.
- Cut a length of each of the ribbons and trims and two of the white twine and tie them all together in a bow. Adhere this to the large yellow butterfly with Glue Dots and attach this to the centre of the Vellum with Dimensionals.
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in. I hope I have inspired you and if you like what I have shown or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is really appreciated!