Hello and welcome! Thanks for popping in!
Today there was a BBB (Big Brown Box from Stampin' Up!) delivered to my door and I couldn't wait to grab out a few of the goodies and start creating. Today is also my birthday and I couldn't think of a better way to spend the day, especially when socialising is being kept to a minimum right now.
So for my project today, I decided to make an early Valentine's Day card with the Nuts & Bolts Stamp Set. Valentine's Day here in Australia isn't that big of a deal and any special Valentines messages are usually only given to Hubby although I did do a 'Random Act Of Kindness' one year and handed out small note cards to people.
This Stamp Set comes with three different robot images, a double heart and shadow image plus four different greetings. It will, I feel, be a very versatile set, cute for the kids but still appropriate for adults. I have to admit, this card was a lot of fun to create!
Supplies You'll Need:
- Stamp Set: Nuts & Bolts (J-J 2022 Mini Catalogue)
- Dies: Tasteful Label Dies (AC 2021-22), Give It A Whirl Dies (AC 2021-22)
- Cardstock: Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Night of Navy, Blushing Bride, Basic White
- DSP: Hey Sports Fan!
- Inks: Basic Gray
- Colouring Tools: Smoky Slate Stampin Blends Combo Pack, Stampin' Blends Colour Lifter.
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Blending Brushes, Scissors
- Adhesives: Tombow Liquid Glue, Mini Dimensionals
Assembling The Card:
- Create a card base from Basic Gray cardstock
- Trim a piece of the navy pinstripe DSP down so that it's 1/2" smaller on two sides than the card front and glue this on with Tombow or your prefered adhesive.
- Stamp the image on Smoky Slate cardstock using Basic Gray ink.
- Using the light Smoky Slate Stampin' Blend, gently add colour to areas where there would be shadows.
- Using the Stampin' Blend Colour Lifter, gently go over the Smoky Slate colour in small circles to blend the edges.
- Stamp the greeting under the image and die cut using the cornered rectangle in the Tasteful Label Dies.
- Using a Blending Brush, gently add ink to the edges of the die cut label in Basic Gray ink.
- Stamp the same robot image on Blushing Bride cardstock with Basic Gray ink and fussy cut the heart out. Attach this over the gray heart with a Mini Dimensional.
- Attach this label to the card front, centering it over the piece of DSP.
- Die cut three of the smaller hearts from Give It A Whirl Dies in both Night of Navy and Blushing Bride cardstock.
- Use a Blending Brush and gently blend Basic Gray ink onto the edges of each heart to add a bit of grunge.
- Arrange the hearts and either glue directly or attach with Mini Dimensionals.
- Trim a piece of Basic White cardstock to fit the inside of the card and stamp the double heart image once in the top left corner and twice in the bottom right in Basic Gray ink. I've left mine as is but feel free to colour with a co-ordinating Stampin' Blend.
- I haven't added any embellishments, as my Valentine isn't a blingy sort of fella, but once again, feel free to add them if you think your recipient will enjoy them.
you so much taking the time to drop in. I hope I have inspired you and if you like what I have shown
or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section