Hello and welcome crafty friends!
I finally got around to creating a card for the SU! Colour Challenge over on Facebook. Time seems to be of the essence at the moment or I need to stick more strictly to my to-do list, haha!
The colours for this February's Challenge is Daffodil Delight, Garden Green and Highland Heather which is a lovely, soft colour palette.
My card features the Two Tone Flora Bundle which has a floral based stamp set and co-ordinating Dies to cut the stamped images as well as this beautiful background die which I've used. I've teamed these products with the Designer Tag Dies and the paper behind that big, beautiful background die has come from the Fancy Flora papers which is available in the current January - April 2024 Mini Catalogue.
The floral images were stamped in Highland Heather ink using first generation for the details and second generation for the solid image. I used first and second generation stamping for the leaves to add a little depth.
Layering Designs Vellum was used for the tag under the flowers to soften the busy-ness of the background. I didn't have any Highland Heather ribbon in my stash, so I coloured the Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon with Dark Highland Heather Blend Pen (did you know this could be done?) and tucked this through the top and bottom opening if the tag.
For added dimension, I decided to glue the base of each flower directly to the tag and place a couple of foam Dimensionals to the tops and did the same for each set of leaves. The tag was then attached to the card front using foam Dimensionals.
- Bundle: Two Tone Flora
- Dies: Designer Tags
- Papers: Fancy Flora, Layering Designs Vellum
- Cardstock: Basic White Thick (card base) Basic White (stamping and background die)
- Inks: Highland Heather, Garden Green
- Accessories: Highland Heather (Dark) Blend Pen
- Ribbon: Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon (coloured)
- Iridescent Pastel Gems (gold)
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Take Your Pick Tool with Brush with Die Brush Tool
- Adhesives: Tombow Multipurpose Glue, Dimensionals
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in. I hope I have inspired you and if you like what I have shown or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.
Until next time, take care, stay safe and have a great day!
To purchase any of the products I've used today, you can click any of the thumbnail links in the Product List below or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my Online Store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to your door.
Or maybe you have a wish list as long as your arm? If so, the best deal in the catalogue is to join my Stamping Queens Stamping Team.
During the months of January and February there are three great joining options:
1. Grab the exclusive Boho Blue Mini Machine (valued at $110.00 AUD) + your choice of $315.00 AUD of Stampin' Up! products for only $210.00 AUD.
2. Grab the original white Mini Machine (valued at $110.00 AUD) + your choice of $315.00 AUD of Stampin' Up! products for $210.00 AUD
3. Your choice of $315.00 AUD of Stampin Up products for only $169.00 AUD.
That's an extra $80.00 AUD more product than the standard Starter Kit plus a 20% discount every time you place an order! No conditions attached!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is really appreciated!