Hello my crafty friends! Welcome to my Blog and thanks for popping in!
The next colour challenge has opened over on Colour INKspiration and we have been given a lovely soft colour palette to work with. Our inspiration photo was chosen by the esteemed Lou Kitzelman and our Guest Designer is the lovely Yvonne Spikmanns Van Bruggan. I can't wait to go and see what everyone has created.
The photo is depicting a definite Easter Theme but not being big on sending out Easter cards, I don't have any dedicated Easter stamp sets. So, with my thinking cap on, I pulled out the Queen Bee Bundle and u.
- Bundle: Queen Bee
- Cardstock: Basic White, Petal Pink
- Paper: Hello, Irresistable
- Inks: Early Espresso, Soft Sea Foam
- Blends Pens: So Saffron (dark), Soft Sea Foam (dark), Petal Pink (dark)
- Embellishments: Iridescent Rhinestones
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Mini Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus
- Adhesives: Tombow Liquid Glue, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
- Create a card front with Basic White Thick cardstock and stamp the large floral and foliage image in Soft Sea Foam in the bottom left hand corner and top right hand corner.
- Trim a piece of Soft Sea Foam coloured paper from the paper pack to give a 0.5cm or 1/4" border on all sides and stamp the grunged font image in Soft Sea Foam around all four sides using first, second and third generation stamping to create a light vignette. Glue this to the front of the card base.
- Stamp the bee image in in Early Espresso and die-cut using the co-ordinating die. Colour each flower in dark So Saffron Blends Pen, the flower centres in dark Petal Pin the leaves in dark Soft Sea Foam
- Using the Stamparatus to help with positioning, stamp the words Happy Birthday using a combination of Soft Sea Foam and a light daubering of Early Espresso and die cut using the label die. Adhere this above the bee.
- Die cut two of the half-circle foliages and glue these above the label and below the bee.
- Die cut three smaller flowers in Basic White and one larger one in Petal Pink. Add these to the bottom foliage using a Dimensional for the middle flower and a Glue Dot on each of the smaller flowers. Add an small Iridescent Rhinestone to each flower.
- Die cut a small heart from Petal Pink cardstock and glue over the heart shape on the bee.
- Add Wink of Stella to the heart and each flower.
- To complete the card, trim a piece of Basic White to fit inside the card and stamp in second generation Soft Sea Foam in the top left and bottom right corners. Mat this on a piece of Soft Sea Foam cardstock and adhere into the inside of the card.
- For something a little bit extra special, I've stamped the back of my envelope in Soft Sea Foam.
Firstly, hop on over and check out the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the Challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do, you can link back to your post. Just a reminder to use all the challenge colours. Neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black are also allowed as well as Metallics.
If you feel inspired, click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your Favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours!
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in. I hope I have inspired you and if you like what I have shown or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.
Until next time, take care, stay safe and have a great day!
If you live in Australia and would like to purchase any of the products I've used today, click any of the thumbnail links in the Product List below or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my Online Store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to your door.
Or maybe you have a wish list as long as your arm? If so, the best deal in the catalogue is to join my Stamping Queens Stamping Team.
You can put together a Starter Kit with your choice of products to the value of $235.00 for only $169.00 with a 20% discount every time you place an order! No conditions attached! The added bonus is that you might like to start your own little stamping business.
|JOIN MY TEAM|