It's a little bit fiddly but it's definitely worth the effort! I've made mine as a birthday card, but there are many sentiment options available with the stamp set to be able to use it for many different occasions.
PLEASE NOTE: I like to craft in inches and my card bases are custom size due to Stampin' Up! only having A4 cardstock available here in Australia.
- Card Base 11 1/2" x 4 1/8", scored in half at 5 3/4"
- First matte layer trimmed to 5 1/2" x 3 7/8" in Sahara Sand card stock
- Second matte layer for stamping trimmed to 5 3/8" x 3 3/4" in Whisper White card stock
- 2 pieces of Whisper White card stock for the inside of the card base, trimmed to 5 1/2" x 3 7/8"
- A strip of Rich Razzleberry card stock trimmed to 11 1/2" x 1 1/2" and scored at 2 7/8", 5 3/4" and 8 5/8" for the 'W' piece
- 4 pieces of Sahara Sand card stock timmed to 2 1/2" x 3"
- 4 pieces of Whisper White card stock trimmed to 2 3/8" x 2 7/8"
- Piece of Whisper White card stock trimmed to 5 1/2" x 5" for the blossom die cut
- Inks: Rich Razzleberry (blossoms) and Sahara Sand (blossom centres and leaves)
To create a back ground for my 'W' fold, I stamped both Whisper White pieces reserved for the insides of the card base in Rich Razzleberry ink using the large blossom stamp then stamped the flower centres in Sahara Sand ink.
I then went and stamped two of the smaller Whisper White panel pieces with the single blossom stamp in Rich Razzleberry ink and the blossom centres and leaves in Sahara Sand ink. The Happy Birthday sentiment was also stamped in Rich Razzleberry.
To assemble the card, I started with the front. The blossom die cut was adhered over the top of the stamped image being careful to line up the image with the die cut. This piece was adhered onto the piece of Sahara Sand matte layer and finally, this was adhered onto the card front.
Opening the card base, I adhered the larger stamped Whisper White pieces on each side of the card base. To form the 'W', I folded and burnished each score line as follows: the middle to form a hill, the two either side to be valleys. I then adhered the 'W' strip to the card base, first on one side, then the other, staying in line with the Whisper White matte layer. Take care no not spread any glue over into the two inner sections as this will cause the 'W' to stick together and prevent your card from opening.
I adhered the each of the four smaller Whisper White card stock panels to the Sahara Sand panels then attached each finished panel to the 'W' in order of my preference.
This next card was created with a So Saffron card base and a Basic Gray matte layer. Inks I used: So Saffron (blossoms), Mint Macaron (leaves) Basic Gray (flower centres). Love the softness to this colour way.
All of the products used to create these cards are available to purchase from my Online Store