Star Celebration!Hello! Welcome and thanks for popping in! I needed to put my thinking cap on and create a card for the next Colour INKspiration Challenge which has just kicked off. The challenge colours - Night of Navy, Merry Merlot, Pretty Peacock and Blackberry Bliss - were a test for me. With such dark, rich colours I would normally mix them up with a couple of lighter tones.
The card I've created features the Stitched Stars dies and I've incorporated the new Lovely Labels Pick a Punch and the Many Mates stamp set for the sentiment. For added interest, I have used Shimmery White Embossing Paste to add a background behind the stars.
PLEASE NOTE: I like to craft in inches and my card bases are custom size due to Stampin' Up! only having A4 card stock available here in Australia.
- Night of Navy card base 4 1/8" x 11 1/2" and scored at 5 3/4" for a top fold card
- Merry Merlot card stock matte layer trimmed to 3 1/4" x 4 7/8"
- Whisper White card stock matte layer trimmed to 3 1/8" x 4 3/4"
- Night of Navy, Merry Merlot, Blackberry Bliss and Pretty Peacock card stock scraps for stars
- Strip of Merry Merlot card stock trimmed to 4" x 1/2"
- Strip of Whisper White card stock trimmed to 2 1/2" (minimum) x 3/4" for the sentiment
- Piece of Whisper White card stock trimmed to 3 7/8" x 5 1/2" for inside
- Stitched Stars Dies
- Lovely Labels Pick a Punch
- Many Mates stamp set
- Shimmery White Embossing Paste
- Polka Dot mask from the Basic Pattern Decorative Masks
- Palette Knife
- Blackberry Bliss stamp pad for the sentiment
- Tombow liquid glue
- Stampin' Dimensionals