Hello and thanks for popping in!
I had lots of birthday cards to make for January so to get on top of things, I wanted to make a few that were simple and quick to put together. I'll definitely be making more of these using the same technique.
After watching a recent video by Ruth Trice at Artful Stamping, I decided to give stamping on Designer Series Paper (DSP) a try and I LOVE it! These are a couple of the cards I created and they didn't take much time at all to assemble. The DSP I have used is a free item in the current Sale-a-Bration promotion. This paper can also be yours for free with any product purchase of $90.00 (before shipping).
This card I inked around the edges of the punched sentiment.
For this card, I decided to add a few splatters but left the punched sentiment clean. The splatters give a lovely finish don't you think?
- Stamp Sets: Forever Fern (2020-21 AC), Happy Thoughts (J-J 2021 MC)
- Designer Series Paper: Paper Blooms (2021 SAB)
- Cardstock: Basic White Thick A4 (card base), Merry Merlot A4 (matte layer), Basic White scraps (sentiment)
- Embellishments & Trims: Artistry Blooms Adhesive Backed Sequins, Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim
- Tools: Story Label Punch, Acrylic Clear Block D, Paper Trimmer
All supplies can be purchased through my online store here or by clicking on the 'Online Store' tab at the top of this page.
- Taking a piece of the striped Rococo Rose DSP cut to measure as a second layer of a card front, I roughly marked out where my sentiment would go and then stamped one of the leaf images from the Forever Fern Stamp Set in Merry Merlot ink.
- On one card I used the splatter stamp from the same stamp set (Forever Fern) and stamped around the leaves again in Merry Merlot.
- Adhere the stamped DSP to a piece of Merry Merlot cardstock measuring 1/8" larger on two sides (this will give you a small 1/16" border all round)
- Stamp Happy Birthday sentiment on a scrap of Basic White cardstock in Merry Merlot and punch this out using the Story Label Punch.
- On one card I have edged the sentiment in Merry Merlot ink to add definition.
- I attached the punched sentiment using Dimensionals
- Taking a small piece of Lace Trim, I folded it and tucked it under the sentiment.
- For something a little bit extra special, I added a few of the Artistry Blooms sequins.