Hello and thanks for popping in!
I needed to make a card for a very dear friend who has recently moved into a new home. I looked at Pinterest for inspiration and came across a version of this card. It uses the retired die set Home Together but I love these dies so much, I've kept them in my personal collection just for moments like these. The sentiment comes from All Things Fabulous stamp set and is perfect for such an occasion.
You will need an embossing mat for this and although Stampin' Up doesn't have one in their catalogue for purchase at the moment, I had an old one in my stash from my Big Shot days that I used.
- Stamp Set: All Things Fabulous
- Dies: Home Together (retired)
- Cardstock: Basic White Thick, Crumb Cake, Shimmery White
- Ink: Early Espresso
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Embossing Mat, Stamparatus
- Mini Dimensionals
All current supplies can be purchased through my online store here or by clicking on the 'Online Store' tab at the top of this page.
- My card base is 5 3/8" x 5 3/8" square.
- I added a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock measuring 5 3/8" x 3 1/4"
- I took a piece of Shimmery White cardstock and ran this through twice with the house die from the Home Together dies with the embossing mat to get the house impressions.
- I then used the same die with Crumb Cake cardstock with a normal cutting 'sandwich' for the middle house and attached this with mini dimensionals.
- I then attached this centrally on the Crumb Cake with Tombow liquid glue.
- Using my Stamparatus, I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso.
I love the simplicity of the design and I'm really happy with how it turned out.
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in. I hope I have inspired you to give this technique a try. If you like what I have shown or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.