Hello crafty friends! Welcome and thanks for popping in!
Blossoms In Bloom (carried over AC 2021-22) (smaller flower, smallest flower and flower-centre images)
- Dies: Scalloped Contours (AC 2021-22), Tasteful Labels (carried over AC 2021-22)
- Cardstock: Basic White (for stamping) Flirty Flamingo, Gray Granite, Pear Pizazz, Soft Seafoam (trim on cards)
- Inks: Magenta Madness, Flirty Flamingo, Pear Pizazz, Soft Seafoam, Gray Granite, Early Espresso (sentiment on card)
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
- Stamp a rough circular shape using the hessian image from Natural Textures in Soft Seafoam, both 1st and 2nd generation. This is to give some background texture and provide a foundation for the wreath.
- Take the round floral fill-in image and stamp in groups of two or three over the top of the hessian image in Magenta Madness. Again use 1st and 2nd generation stamping to add depth.
- Take the outline image of the same stamp and stamp this in Magenta Madness.
- Stamp the smaller floral image from Blossoms in Bloom in Flirty Flamingo in groups to connect the groups of larger flowers. Again use 1st and 2nd generation stamping to provide depth.
- Stamp all the flower centres in Soft Seafoam using the flower centre image from Blossoms in Bloom.
- Taking three of the leaf images from Forever Fern, stamp these in Gray Granite around the flowers being mindful of not inking the stems. This will give the look the leaves are tucked in behind the flowers.
- Stamp the different leaves from All Things Fabulous in Pear Pizazz in the same way using 1st and 2nd generation stamping.
- Using the smallest flower image from Blossoms in Bloom, stamp in Magenta Madness to fill in any awkward spaces between the flowers and leaves. 1st and 2nd generation stamping is a must here.
- Lastly and most importantly, take the splatter image from Quiet Meadow (or Forever Fern also has a great splatter image) and stamp in Pear Pizazz to 'correct' any wonky stamping and fill in any really small gaps. It's amazing what a different splatters make to the whole project.
- Once completed, I trimmed the 8" x 8" piece into thirds to make three slimline cards.
- Any sentiment I place on the front is only small as I want my stamping to take pride of place. On one card I used the distressed type image and stamped a background on my card front for a bit of texture. Decorate and embellishment as you wish.
Feel INKspired to join the challenge? I would love for you to join in our colour challenges. It's a great way to take yourself out of your comfort zone and use different colours!
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in and I hope I have inspired you. If you are inspired or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.