Hello crafty friends! Welcome, and thanks for popping in!
A "Thinking of You" card from me for Colour INKspiration #99. I attempted a little alcohol blending in the challenge colours for this card and love the finished look. I don't know why it's taken me this long to try this out. This card is quite product heavy as I took out most of my die sets which had foliage to put together the all-white arrangement on the front. You could use whatever you have in your stash.
A couple of things to note when doing this technique.
- You can't use regular cardstock for the blending as it's too porous.
- You'll need to use a high % rubbing alcohol. I used Diggers Isopropyl Alcohol which is 100%. I bought mine from Office Works and I believe it's also available at Bunnings Hardware.
- Stamp Set: Quiet Meadow
- Dies: Stitched Rectangles, Poinsettia, Birds & More, Forever Flourishing, Natures Thoughts, Cherry Blossoms.
- Cardstock: Basic White Thick (card base), Basic White Regular, Vellum
- Inks: Soft Suede
- Stampin Blends: Soft Suede Combo, Just Jade Combo, Mint Macaron Combo, Smoky Slate Combo
- Baker's Twine Essential Pack
- Adhesives: Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Stamparatus, Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Heat Tool.
- Other: Diggers Isopropyl 100% Alcohol
Using the Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers, literally scribble your colours onto the piece of vellum.
Pour a small amount of isopropyl alcohol into a small container and using an old paint brush, splatter the vellum allowing the alcohol and ink to mix.
It doens't take long to dry but if you want to speed up the process you can dry off with your Heat Tool.
Adhere to a piece of Basic White cardstock using tombow and a sponge INK SIDE DOWN.
Trim to 1/8" less on two sides than your card front.
Stamp your sentiment and make a diagonal cut just above the sentiment.
Use a Stamparatus to get perfect the perfect position for your stamping.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in and I hope I have inspired you. Feel free to leave a comment if you like what you see or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.