Hello my crafty friends! Welcome and thanks for popping in!
The card I'm sharing with you today was created for a challenge over on World Card Making Group on Facebook. We're are friendly bunch and welcome all new members if you're so inclined to join us.
This challenge was given to us by the super talented Sharon Dalton from Studio Shabaz and it's a Take 5 theme. We were asked to use the following products and true to form, I didn't read the list too well and forgot to use a stamp set:
- Any stamp you want to use with these products...
- Soft Succulent Card Base
- Smoky Slate Cardstock
- Diecut or Mask
- Blending Brush
- Soft Succulent Open Weave Ribbon
I also used both a diecut AND mask.
- Dies: Floral Squares Dies
- Cardstock: Soft Succulent, Smoky Slate
- Ink: Soft Succulent Ink Refill, So Saffron
- Accessories: Shimmery White Embossing Paste, polka dot mask from Basic Patterns Decorative Masks
- Ribbon: Soft Succulent Open Weave Ribbon
- Tools: Blending Brush, Palette Knives, Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
- Adhesives: Foam Adhesive Sheets, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Glue
- You will need the following cardstock pieces: Cardbase in Soft Succulent, a piece of Soft Succulent cardstock measuring 1/2" less on two sides smaller than your card front (this will allow a border of 1/4" all way round), a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock measuring at least 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" for your die cut, a scrap of So Saffron for the flower die cuts, a piece of Basic White measuring 1/4" less on two sides for the inside of the card.
- Fold and burnish your card base.
- Mix together a drop or two of Soft Succulent Ink Refill with the Shimmery White Embossing Paste. Apply this to the other piece of Soft Succulent cardstock with a Palette Knife using the polka dot mask from Basic Patterns Decorative Masks in a diagonal from the top left corner to the bottom right corner. Allow to dry.
- Apply a piece of Foam Adhesive Sheet to one side of the Smoky Slate cardstock and die cut.
- Die cut two flowers from a scrap of So Saffron cardstock and very gently apply So Saffron ink to the bottom of each flower with a Blending Brush - this will add dimension. Glue these to the Smoky Slate die cut with Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- Tie a small bow around the frame of the die cut.
- When the embossing paste is dry, peel of the back of the Foam Adhesive Sheet and attach to the card topper.
- Using either Dimensionals or Foam Adhesive Sheets, attach this to the card base.
- Decorate one corner of the Basic White cardstock with the same mask and Soft Succulent ink in one corner and then glue this to the inside of the card.
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in. I hope I have inspired you and if you like what I have shown or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.
Take care, stay safe and have a great day!
To purchase any of the products I've used today, you can click any of the direct links in the table below or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to your door.
Or maybe you have a wish list as long as your arm? The best deal in the catalogue is to join my Stamping Queens Stamping Team. For $169.00 you get to choose $235.00 of products with a 20% discount every time you place an order!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is really appreciated!