Hello my crafty friends! Welcome and thanks for popping in!
Today I'm part of a Blog Hop to begin the celebrations of a milestone birthday of a good friend and fellow crafter, Bronwyn. We're a group of stamping friends that have come together to celebrate Bron's 60th Birthday in 2022 with six blog hops, over six months, with six fun themes! The inspiration for our projects for this Hop was this lovely photo below:
I was definitely getting a tropical island vacation vibe and picked out In The Moment Stamp Set to do some colouring with my Stampin' Blends alcohol markers. My card also features the Tropical Layers Dies and the beautifully coloured Waves of the Ocean Designer Series Paper(DSP).
- Alchohol Marker Colouring
- Stamp Set: In The Moment
- Dies: Layering Circles
- Bundle: Artfully Layered
- Cardstock: Basic White Thick, Soft Suede, Basic White Regular
- DSP: Waves Of The Ocean, Layering Designs Vellum
- Ink: Basic Gray, Balmy Blue, Blushing Bride
- Stampin' Blends: Gray Granite Combo (railings), SU1000 (top) Crumb Cake Combo (skirt) Soft Suede Combo (hat), Ivory (hair), Petal Pink Combo (skin), Light Petal Pink + Colour Lifter (wine)
- Ribbon: Flirty Flamingo Metallic Ribbon
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Blending Brush
- Adhesives: Stampin Dimensionals, Tombow Liquid Glue/Stampin' Seal, Mini Glue Dots
- Stamp the image in Basic Gray on Basic White Regular cardstock and colour the image using Stampin' Blends Markers.
- Create a mask of the image and gently apply Balmy Blue ink to the background using a Blending Brush.
- Die cut the image and die cut a scalloped circle in Soft Suede cardstock. Glue these together.
- Die cut two detailed leaves from the Tropical Layers Dies in Layering Designs Vellum.
- Create a card base in Basic White Thick cardstock and trim a piece of the Waves Of The Ocean DSP 5/8" smaller on two sides than the card front.
- Tie a piece of the Flirty Flamingo ribbon around the piece of DSP and glue this to the card front.
- Attached each detailed leaf die cut using a Mini Glue Dot.
- Attached Stampin Dimensionals to the back of the image and attach this to the card front.
- Stamp the inside of the card with the leaf image in 2nd generation Blushing Bride ink.
- Add a sentiment/greeting if you wish.
I can't wait to go and check out everyone else's projects and I would love for you to continue on with this Blog Hop and be inspired by what the rest of us have created.
- Bronwyn Eastley
- Julia Quinn
- Tina Gillespie
- Jan Clothier
- Leonie Stuart
- Andrea Sargent
- Lou Kitzelman
- Monica Formosa (YOU ARE HERE)
- Chantell Randall
- Sara Levin
- Catherine Proctor
- Sharon Dalton
Please click on the button below to take you on a wonderful journey of creative discovery and inspiration. Next up is the fabulous Chantell Randall.
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in. I hope I have inspired you and if you like what I have shown or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.
Until next time, take care, stay safe and have a great day!
To purchase any of the products I've used today you can click any of the direct links in the Product List below or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to your door.
Or maybe you have a wish list as long as your arm? If so, the best deal in the catalogue is to join my Stamping Queens Stamping Team. Until the end of November, you'll get the $169.00 Starter Kit - filled with your pick of products to the value of $235.00 - for only $130.00 with a 20% discount every time you place an order!
I can just imagine your beautifully stamped and coloured lady having Bronwyn's beautiful beach bag, Monica. A perfect stamp set to use for this inspo pic!ReplyDelete
Thank you Cathy! She is definitely dressed to co-ordinate :)Delete
Look at all those beautiful colours you have used on your card, your layers also add another dimension to this gorgeous tropical card.ReplyDelete
Thanks Sharon! The inspiration photo was a great help!Delete
This card takes me back to our day at Bagara Beach. I absolutely love all the elements on your card. It also reminds me that I need to ink up that gorgeous stamp set. Thanks so much for joining in on the 1st virtual 60th birthday celebration.ReplyDelete
Thanks Bronwyn! It was certainly a great day. Thank you so much for inviting me along. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has created.Delete
Great card Monica- my set is still in its pack! - I definitely need to get it out. I love your choice of pink DSP background too. Wouldn't it be nice to go to the beach today?ReplyDelete
Thanks so much Liz. To be honest, this was the first time I had inked it up. The beach is a great place to be any day! Take care xDelete
I love how you've used the colours from Bron's header in your card Monica. Such a pretty, serene card. Makes me feel relaxed just looking at it.ReplyDelete
Thanks Lou. Bron's header was a great photo to spark creativity.Delete
Lovely card, Monica. I like the warmth of the colours you've chosen - like a summer's day.ReplyDelete
Love the colours of the waves paper that you've used with this!! ANd your colouring is totally sublime. What a stunner of a card!!ReplyDelete