Hello crafty friends! And thanks for popping in!
Welcome back for Colour INKspiration Challenge #119. The photo for this Challenge has been chosen by our fabulous Crew member, Lou Kitzelmen and the Guest Designer is the lovely Suzy Hinton.
Picture credit - https://www.100layercake.com/blog/2016/03/23/a-modern-glam-easter-brunch-by-emily-henderson/
The colours for this Challenge has very much an Spring/Easter theme and I decided to use the flowers as my inspiration and use the Penned Flower Dies as the focus for my card. The paper for my background comes from the Abstract Beauty Designer Series Paper pack and has been gently inked using the Butterflies & Flowers Decorative Masks to create a subtle background. And I couldn't resist adding a piece of Layered Designs Vellum.
- Dies: Hand Penned Dies, Stitched So Sweetly
- Stamp Set: Celebrating You
- Cardstock: Basic White Thick
- DSP: Abstract Beauty 4" x 6", Layered Designs 12"x12" Vellum, Gold Foil
- Ink: Magenta Madnes Versamark
- Colouring Accessories: Stampin' Blends - Pool Party Combo Pack, Fresh Fresia Combo Pack, Flirty Flamingo Combo Pack, Gold Embossing Powder, Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks
- Embellishments: Artistry Blooms Sequins, Simply Elegant Trim (Gold)
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Blending Brushes, Heat Tool
- Adhesives: Stampin' Seal, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals
HOW TO ASSEMBLE:
- Create a card base in Basic White Thick cardstock
- Trim a piece of the Magenta Madness coloured paper down 1/8" less than the card front - this will give a small 1/16" border on all four sides.
- Gently apply Magenta Madness Ink with a Blending Brush to the daisy pattern mask to the piece of Magenta Madness coloured paper.
- Glue this to the card front.
- Die cut a scalloped rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly dies from the Layered Designs Vellum.
- Die cut the large floral detailed die from Penned Flowers Dies in Gold Foil.
- Die cut three of the larger flowers from the same die set and colour them using the Stampin' Blends alcohol markers.
- Glue first the gold foil die cut followed by the coloured floral die cut to the scalloped rectangle.
- Stamp the sentiment in VersaMark Ink on a strip of Basic White cardstock and heat emboss in gold. Glue this to a strip of the gold and white stripe paper from the Abstract Beauty DSP pack. Attach to the card front using Dimensionals.
- Create a bow from the gold trim and add this to the card front using a Mini Glue Dot.
- Add a strip of the same magenta coloured paper and/or gold foil to the inside of your card.
Feel INKspired to join the challenge? I would love for you to join us! It's a great way to have fun with different colours!
Firstly, hop on over and check out the creations of
the Colour INKspiration Crew in the Challenge album on our Facebook page.
Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour
INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but
if you do, you can link back to your post. Just a reminder to use all the
challenge colours. Neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake,
Sahara Sand and Basic Black are also allowed as well as Metallics.
If you feel inspired, click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your Favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours!
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in. I hope I have inspired you and if you like what I have shown or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.
Live In Australia? Shop With Me!
Totally gorgeous card Monica! Soft and so so pretty! xxReplyDelete
Thank you Cheryl! Couldn't go past a few die-cut flowers with these colours.Delete