Hello crafty friends! And thanks for popping in!
Welcome back for Colour INKspiration Challenge #117. The photo for this Challenge was chosen by our amazing Crew member, Michele Miller and the Guest Designer is the fabulous Leigh Maloney.
Picture Credit: Black & Red Broadbill https://www.instagram.com/p/CDRMdBHA4i5/
It seems I'm in a watercolouring mood at the moment as I've used this technique once again. To be honest, watercolouring hadn't crossed my mind to begin with but after using just plain cardstock, I wasn't happy and by watercolouring, I gained the dimension and texture the original was missing. There's a photo showing the difference a little further along.
For my project I've grabbed both the Hats Off Bundle and Your Biggest Fan Bundle which is part of the Hey Sports Fan Product Suite to create a birthday card that's bright and cheerful and suitable for any male in your life. The papers in the background have come from Abstract Beauty 4" x 6" Designer Series Paper. The tiny star embellishments are also part of the Hey Sports Fan Suite.
- Bundles: Hats Off (AC 2021-22), Your Biggest Fan (Jan-Jun 2022 Mini Catalogue)
- Cardstock: Real Red, Crushed Curry, Basic White, Shimmery White
- Paper: Abstract Beauty 4" x 6"
- Ink: VersaMark
- Stampin' Emboss Powder - Basics (black)
- Ink Refills: Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Memento Tuxedo Black
- Embellishments: Resin Stars
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Heat Tool, Water Painters.
- Adhesives: Tombow Liquid Glue, Dimensionals
- Create a card base in Real Red cardstock.
- Trim a piece of the Crushed Curry DSP 1/4" less on two sides than the size of the card front. Trim a piece of the diagonal striped DSP 3/8"" less on two sides again than the size of the card front.
- Glue these onto the card front offsetting each piece diagonally, placing the smaller piece on top of the larger.
- Using the Your Biggest Fan stamp set, stamp the double ticket image and 'Happy Birthday' in the smaller section of this image. Die cut this using the co-ordinating die from Sports Events Dies.
- Die cut the line of smaller tickets using the same dies in Crushed Curry cardstock. Using Tuxedo Black, ink up just one star from the trio of stars in Your Biggest Fan stamp set and stamp a star in each smaller section. Carefully tear in half using the perforations as a guide.
- Using Versamark, stamp the cap image from Hats Off stamp set on Shimmery White cardstock. Heat emboss with black embossing powder.
- Using the Ink Refills, watercolour the cap making sure the first colour is quite dry before starting the second. If the paper is too damp, colours could mix with each other. Once completely dry, die cut using the Hat Builder Dies.
- While waiting for the first image to dry, watercolour a small patch of Real Red for the star and Tuxedo Black for the patch. Once dry, die cut each using the Hat Builder Dies.
- Place Dimensionals on the back of the cap and remove the backings. Use the Dimensionals to help attach everything to the card front.
- Add a few stars from Resin Stars to the front.
- To complete the card, trim a piece of Basic White 1/4" less on two sides and stamp a few stars in diagonal corners in Real Read. Glue this to the inside of the card.
Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.