Hi there crafty friends! Welcome and thanks for popping in!
It's time again for another Colour INKspiration Challenge and we've been given another strong and vibrant colour palette to work with. The photo for CI#126 has been chosen by the wonderful Denita Wright-Smee and we welcome the amazing Heidi van den Heuvel as our Guest Designer. I can't wait to go and see what she has created for us.
- Dies: Brilliant Wings
- Stamp Sets: Framed Occasions, Simply Fabulous
- Cardstock: Basic White Thick, Basic White Regular, Vellum, Silver Foil
- Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede
- Stampin' Blends: Bermuda Bay Combo Pack
- Embellishments: Subtle Shimmer Sequins
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Clear Block 'A', Heat Tool, Stamparatus/Clear Block
- Adhesives: Tombow Liquid Glue, Dimensionals, Mini Dimensionals
- OTHER: Isopropyl Alcohol (at least 98%)
- For this card you will need a card base in Basic White Thick CS, a piece of Basic White regular measuring 1/4" less on two sides than the card front, a scrap piece of Vellum and a scrap piece of Silver Foil large enough for the largest butterfly in Brilliant Wings Dies.
- Take the piece of Basic White CS and using the Challenge colours stamp the dots in a circular area roughly in the centre, using the little trio of dots from Framed Occasions Stamp Set and the teeny tiny little 'donut' stamp from Simply Fabulous Stamp Set. Draw a circle in pencil if you need to have a guide. This can be erased once the ink has dried.
- Stamp a sentiment in the bottom right-hand corner and attach this to the front of the card using Dimensionals. TIP: Add a drop of Tombow to each Dimensional to allow some wriggle-time for accurate placement on the card front.
- Take the piece Vellum and literally scribble both the light and dark Bermuda Bay Stampin' Blends all over the then spritz with Isopropyl Alcohol and dry off with a heat tool. Repeat until you're happy with the end result.
- Die cut using the largest butterfly from Brilliant Wings Dies.
- Take the co-ordinating detailed die and die-cut a piece from Silver Foil. Glue this to the Vellum. TIP: If using liquid glue, go sparingly as too much will warp the Vellum due to excess moisture.
- Place Mini Dimensionals under the Foil under the larger areas of each wing, then place Mini Dimensionals in the same spots under the Vellum and attach to the centre of the stamped circle of dots. This will help maintain raised wings.
- Place a few of the silver sequins from the Subtle Shimmer Sequins on the front to finish it off.
Feel INKspired to join the challenge? I would love for you to join us! It's a great way to have fun with different colours!
Firstly, hop on over and check out the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the Challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do, you can link back to your post. Just a reminder to use all the challenge colours. Neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black are also allowed as well as Metallics.
If you feel inspired, click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your Favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours!
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in. I hope I have inspired you and if you like what I have shown or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is really appreciated!