Hi there my crafty friends! Welcome and thanks for popping in! Today I am sharing a card I created for the Colour INKspiration Challenge #125. This challenge is now open over on Facebook and the colours for this challenge were inspired by a picture chosen by fellow Crew Member, Cheryll Miller. Once again the colours are bright and vivid.
- Stamp Sets: Hippest Hippos, Amazing Phrasing (Sale-A-Bration J/A 2022), Rays of Light
- Dies: Hippo Dies, Stylish Shapes
- Cardstock: Basic White Thick, Basic White regular, Shimmery White, Starry Sky, Sweet Sorbet, Tahitian Tide
- Inks: Basic Gray, Starry Sky, Tahitian Tide
- Colouring Accessories: Sweet Sorbet Stampin' Blends (Light), Watercolour Pencils Assortment 1 (Basic Gray), Blender Pen, Artistic Mix Decorative Masks, Blending Brushes
- Tools: Scissors/Snips, Paper Trimmer, Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
- Adhesives: Tombow Multipurpose Glue, Mini Dimensionals
- A Basic White Thick card base
- 2 x Starry Sky CS mat layers measuring 1/4" less on two sides than the card front
- 2 x Basic White CS mat layers measuring 3/8" less on two sides than your card front
- Shimmery White CS large enough to stamp the hippo image and greeting
- A piece of Sweet Sorbet CS large enough to cut the largest circle from Stylish Shapes Dies
- Scrap pieces of Starry Sky and Tahitian Tide CS to die cut the hearts.
- Take one piece of the Basic White CS and the smaller detail mask from the Artistic Mix Decorative Masks and using a Blending Brush, gently add both Tahitian Tide and Starry Sky ink in a diangonal line from top left to bottom right. I love the blended colour that is achieved.
- Glue this to one of the pieces of Starry Sky and then glue this to the card front.
- Stamp the Rays of Light Stamp onto Sweet Sorbet CS using Sweet Sorbet Ink and die cut using the largest circle from Stylish Shapes Dies. Trim a small slither from the right hand side and glue this onto the card front.
- Stamp the hippo image onto Shimmery White CS and roughly add colour to the areas that would be darkest using the Basic Gray Water Colouring Pencil. Blend colour using a Blender Pen leaving the tummy and mouth areas uncoloured. Colour the flower using the light Sweet Sorbet Stampin' Blends. For the purpose of this Challenge, I left the leaves uncoloured but feel free to add green colour if you desire.
- Die cut using the co-ordinating die from the Hippo Dies and attach to the Sweet Sorbet circle using Dimensionals.
- Stamp the greeting in Starry Sky ink and fussy cut. Attached to the card front using Dimensionals.
- Die cut the hearts (as many or as few as you like) from Starry Sky and Tahitian Tide CS and attach to the card front using both Mini Dimensionals or Tombow Glue
- Take the second piece of Basic White CS and the same Decorative Mask and add some stencilling to the top left and bottom right corners. Glue this to the second piece of Starry Sky CS and then glue this to the inside of the card.
Feel INKspired to join the challenge? I would love for you to join us! It's a great way to have fun with different colours!
Firstly, hop on over and check out the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the Challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do, you can link back to your post. Just a reminder to use all the challenge colours. Neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black are also allowed as well as Metallics.
If you feel inspired, click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your Favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours!
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in. I hope I have inspired you and if you like what I have shown or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is really appreciated!