- Stamp Sets (in order of use): True Beauty, Heavenly Hollyhocks, Hand-Penned Petals, Artistically Inked
- Inks: Highland Heather, Blackberry Bliss, Night Of Navy, Granny Apple Green
- Cardstock: Basic White 12"x12" (or A4/Lettersize)
- Other: Printed initial, 2B (or softer) graphite pencil, T-Ruler, eraser
- Print the initial that you're wanting to stamp.
- TIP 1: The larger the better
- TIP 2: Print just the outline or you'll be replacing your ink cartridge in less than no time.
- Because there's a good chance the letter you're using hasn't been printed in the centre of the page, you will need to find the centre of it by folding and creasing both horizontally and vertically, matching the outline of the letter with the opposite side.
- Measure the piece of cardstock to determine the centre. I used my Grid Paper and a T-Ruler to help.
- Flip the page and on the reverse side, roughly scribble where the outline of the letter would be. Use a 2B or softer pencil.
- Match up the fold-lines to the pencil marking on the cardstock and trace the letter onto the cardstock. All these will be erased once stamping is finished.
- Choose your stamps to fit within the lines. The overall final image will need to have a well defined edge. Start with the largest image first and progress down in size. In my video, I probably should have stamped the larger leaves to highlight the largest flowers before stamping the larger Highland Heather flowers.
- This technique is all about looking at the shape of your images and how they work within the shape of your letter. Use curved shapes in the rounded areas and smaller images to fill-in spaces to create a well defined edge to the overall image.
- Once finished, allow to sit for a few minutes to allow ink to completely dry then erase all the pencil marks.
- Trim down if needed and add to a frame a for great gift idea.
Feel INKspired to join the challenge? I would love for you to join us! It's a great way to have fun with different colours!
Firstly, hop on over and check out the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the Challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do, you can link back to your post. Just a reminder to use all the challenge colours. Neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black are also allowed as well as Metallics.
If you feel inspired, click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your Favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours!
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in. I hope I have inspired you and if you like what I have shown or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.
Until next time, take care, stay safe and have a great day!
To purchase any of the products I've used today, you can click any of the direct links in the Product List below or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to your door.
Or maybe you have a wish list as long as your arm? If so, the best deal in the catalogue is to join my Stamping Queens Stamping Team. Fill your Starter Kit with your choice of products to the value of $235.00 for only $169.00 with a 20% discount every time you place an order! No risk attached!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is really appreciated!