- Bundle: Paradise Palms Bundle
- Cardstock: Basic White Thick and Regular, Early Espresso
- Inks: Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Pale Papaya, Calypso Coral
- Embellishments: 2021-23 In-Colour Opal Rounds
- Tools: Blending Brushes, Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
- Adhesives: Tombow, Black Dimensionals (mini)
- To create the background, I created my own 'waves' by drawing freehand and then trimming but you could use different sized dinner plates and match up the curves. You'll need at least two - one for the blues/greens and one for the yellows/oranges. Alternatively you could use a die if you have one. TIP: Allow plenty of space between the edge of the cardstock and the curve - you don't want a straight edge added by mistake.
- Using a blending brush, start from the bottom and blend ink onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that's larger than what you need for a slim-line sized card. Begin with Bermuda Bay and alternate with Coastal Cabana and move onto Daffodil Delight and Pale Papaya. I then alternated Pale Papaya and Calypso Coral for a little bit then went back to Pale Papaya and Daffodil at the top.
- Trim this down so it's less that 1" on two sides than the card front to give 1/2" all around. Hold onto the off-cuts as we will use these later. Glue this to the card front.
- Die cut two palm tree silhouettes and the grassy hill in Early Espresso cardstock. Adhere the two palm trees, shortening the trunk of one.
- Place Back Mini Dimensionals onto the back of the grassy hill and attach to the card front over the base of the palm tree trunks.
- Create a slim-line card-base with Basic White Thick cardstock. Mine measures 20cm x 21cm and scored along the shorter side at 10cm.
- Stamp a greeting in Early Espresso ink on a strip of Basic White cardstock and stamp the cloud/sand image from Paradise Palms Stamp Set in 2nd generation Coastal Cabana over the top.
- Trim a piece of Early Espresso cardstock slightly larger and attach to the sentiment strip with Black Mini Dimensionals. Glue this to the lower section of the card front.
- Add a few of the Soft Succulent 2021-23 In-Colour Opal Rounds.
- Trim down a piece of the off-cut and glue this to the inside of the card. This will continue on with the design from the front and finish the card.
Firstly, hop on over and check out the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the Challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do, you can link back to your post. Just a reminder to use all the challenge colours. Neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black are also allowed as well as Metallics.
If you feel inspired, click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your Favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours!
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in. I hope I have inspired you and if you like what I have shown or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.
Until next time, take care, stay safe and have a great day!
To purchase any of the products I've used today, you can click any of the thumbnail links in the Product List below or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to your door.
Or maybe you have a wish list as long as your arm? If so, the best deal in the catalogue is to join my Stamping Queens Stamping Team. For the month of October you can fill your Starter Kit with your choice of products to the value of $283.00 for only $169.00 - that's an extra $48.00 worth of product - with a 20% discount every time you place an order! No conditions attached!