Picture credit - https://www.digsdigs.com/crazy-pastel.../pictures/161647/
I got a definite shabby chic/romantic vibe when I saw these colours and the picture. With this in mind, I've paired the single flowers and foliage images from Framed Florets with the bird cage die from Birdhouse Dies. To create a subtle texture on my background, Sahara Sand ink was lightly applied through a stencil I made using a piece of Window Sheet that was die cut with the Dots & Spots Die.
This card was created for a very special friend that I've met through Zoom - she has a milestone birthday coming up. I've decided not to add a sentiment on the front so that my friend has the option of framing it for prosperity if she wishes. It has lots of layers and dimension and I love the end result.
- Bundle: Framed Florets Bundle
- Dies: Birdhouse Dies, Dots & Spots Dies
- Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Shimmery White, Window Sheet
- Papers: Distressed Gold 12 x 12 Specialty Paper
- Inks: Blushing Bride, Mint Macaron, Garden Green, Sahara Sand, Versamark
- Colouring Accessories: Metallics Embossing Powder (gold)
- Embellishments: Iridescent Pastel Gems (gold)
- Tools: Paper Trimmer Cut & Emboss Machine, Heat Tool, Water Painters, Clear Block (to use as a palette), Blending Brushes, Snips
- Adhesives: Tombow Liquid Glue, Mini Dimensionals, Dimensionals
- On a piece of scrap Shimmery White cardstock, stamp the images in Versamark and heat emboss in gold.
- Using the smallest Water Painter, colour the embossed images with ink smooshed onto a Clear Block.
- Die cut the coloured images using the co-ordinating dies from Framed Florets Dies
- Trim a piece of Distressed Gold Specialty Paper to measure 3/4" (2cm) less on two sides that the card front. Die cut the cage from the middle.
- Trim a piece of Shimmery White to measure 7/8" (2.3cm) less on two sides than the card front. Distress the edges by running the blade of your Paper Snips along all four sides.
- Trim a piece of Window Sheet to measure 5" x 6" (13cm x 15.5 cm) and run it through the Cut & Emboss Machine to create a stencil. TIP: Place the die cutting side up with the Window Sheet on top to make cutting easier.
- Using this stencil, very gently apply Sahara Sand ink to the piece of Shimmery White diagonally using a Blending Brush. Also apply Sahara Sand ink to the edges of this same piece. Glue this to the piece of Distressed Gold paper.
- Glue the cage to the card and arrange the flowers and foliage and glue these down with Tombow Liquid Glue. Place Mini Dimensionals under the petals and leaves to create dimension.
- Create a card base with Sahara Sand cardstock and attach this to the card front using Dimensionals. TIP: Add a little liquid glue to each Dimensionals to allow perfect placement.
- To finish off the card front, add some of the gold Iridescent Pastel Gems for a little bit of sparkle.
- Trim a second piece of Shimmery White cardstock to measure 1/4" (0.5cm) less on two side that the card front and gently blend Sahara Sand ink into the top left and bottom right corners using the stencil. Add a flower and leaf die cut in the bottom right corner and glue the whole piece to the inside of the card.
Firstly, hop on over and check out the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the Challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do, you can link back to your post. Just a reminder to use all the challenge colours. Neutrals such as Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black are also allowed as well as Metallics.
If you feel inspired, click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your Favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours!
Thank you so much taking the time to drop in. I hope I have inspired you and if you like what I have shown or if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.
Until next time, take care, stay safe and have a great day!
To purchase any of the products I've used today, you can click any of the thumbnail links in the Product List below or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my Online Store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to your door.
Or maybe you have a wish list as long as your arm? If so, the best deal in the catalogue is to join my Stamping Queens Stamping Team.
During the months of January and February there are three great joining options:
1. Grab the exclusive Boho Blue Mini Machine (valued at $110.00 AUD) + your choice of $315.00 AUD of Stampin' Up! products for only $210.00 AUD.
2. Grab the original white Mini Machine (valued at $110.00 AUD) + your choice of $315.00 AUD of Stampin' Up! products for $210.00 AUD
3. Your choice of $315.00 AUD of Stampin Up products for only $169.00 AUD.
That's an extra $80.00 AUD more product than the standard Starter Kit plus a 20% discount every time you place an order! No conditions attached!
|JOIN MY TEAM!|